Subject: Re: oddity and extra buttons on USB keyboard
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/12/2005 23:42:06
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> (Aside: it would be nice if there were a way to refer to usbhid devices
> by name instead of number, since presumably what gets recognized as
> uhid0 depends on the order in which the ports to which they're
> connected are scanned.)

But how would you refer to it by name?  There might be several devices
of the same kind connected.  But it's a bit annoying as is, I agree.
I think usbhidaction should be changed so it could just try and handle
all available uhid devices.

If you want a specific uhid number for your device you can always
pin it down by locators (either vendor&product or port number).

	-- Lennart