Subject: Re: google's summer of code makefs extension
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/09/2005 01:15:51
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 01:46:46AM +0300, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> Good for you. I still would not trust my data (and I now know that I should
> not) with an fsck that says:
>
>   **********************************************************
>   ** This  is  an  experimental  version  of  reiserfsck, ** [..]
>   **********************************************************
>
> Or do you have non-experimental version and one that actually works properly?

No, it was the same, ran directly from Knoppix CD. I know, such message
looks VERY confusing, and I used that just because I had no other tool.
But it did its job fine indeed! :)

I suppose, reiserfs cannot be described as "unstable" no more. Perhaps
really that earlier 3.5.23 version will not be recommended - as you wrote -
for heavily loaded servers? Still, it'll be very nice fs for desktops and
moderately loaded servers...
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski