Subject: Re: google's summer of code makefs extension
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/09/2005 00:29:13
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:18:00AM +0300, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> Please don't. If you really want, first fix reiserfs on linux so that:

Do you mean: you don't like Reiserfs "generally" - or only V3.5.23?

> 1. It has an fsck that works instead of spending 18 hours or an 1T filesystem
>    only to proclaim in the end that it cannot be fixed.

I've got to use "reiserfsck" to rescue my filesystem - it did it! :) It was
reiserfs 3.6.25.

(not reiserfs failure - it was because of overheated processor and memory
troubles).

> 2. Does not turn data into trash after a few weeks of heavy filesystem use.

Using Reiserfs since 5 years - no special troubles... but it's not "heavy
filesystem use". Formerly on 2 not so heavily loaded servers, currently on
desktop.

Still voting for reiserfs :)
--
				pozdrawiam / regards