Subject: Re: overriding standard executables via pkgsrc
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/07/2005 18:34:43
--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

Also sprach Lubomir Sedlacik (salo@Xtrmntr.org)
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:52:28AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > I'm curious what people regard as the best way to override standard
> > system executables with local versions or versions from pkgsrc.
> >=20
> >=20
> > Deleting or chmoding the standard executables is causes problems for
> > upgrades.=20
>=20
> it actually does not.  just create your local mtree file with the
> overrides (e.g., mode=3D0)and run mtree after upgrades.

Won't there be a way to create sth. like /etc/mailer.conf for binaries
like OpenSSH and OpenSSL that are available via base and pkgsrc?

--=20
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--=20
In the beginning was the command line.=20

[Neal Stephenson]

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu--