Subject: Re: printing from Web browsers?
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2005 21:11:03
> Is there a web brower from which one can print reliably?  Firefox 1.0.4
> compiled from source crashes if I try to print, and on -current with
> xorg firefox-bin crashes at startup.  (I mentioned the latter; I've now
> verified it on a fresh install.  XFree86 doesn't seem to support my
> hardware properly.)

I've had reasonable success with Konqueror.  However, it sometimes generates
postscript that ghostscript won't process, so generating pdf doesn't work.
HP printers seem happy with the postscript that gs chokes on though.  This
is kdebase 3.3.2 on alpha and 3.4.0 on sparc64 with ghostscript 7.07.  I've
not tried it on any 32 bit platform.

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/