Subject: Re: used mbufs increasing,
To: Reinhold M. Roppert <netbsd_users@rmroppert.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/03/2005 12:53:50
On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 08:18:35AM +0200, Reinhold M. Roppert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using  NetBSD 2.0 on an P4 3GHz machine with 1 G Ram as an
> Webserver.
> Sometimes there are many requests so after the networks hangs i got
> the error " mclpool limit reached; increase NMBCLUSTERS".
> I increased the NMBCLUSTERS from 1024 to 16384 as described
> in the netbsd-faq.
>
> Now my question and perhaps the problem is:
> The used mbufs increases during many requests but they did not
> decrease later.
> This time and over the night there are no requests, but the used
> mbufs are still over 4000.
>
> Is it possible to flush the mbufs without rebooting?

What does netstat show ? I'm seen connections sitting with the send-queue
full, and this can consume a lot of memory. I attribute this to broken
DSL routers (As I started seeing this when french DSL providers started
giving NAT routers to their clients, instead of a simple modem).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>