Subject: Re: Bootloader won't load kernel
To: Loren M. Lang <lorenl@alzatex.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/02/2005 22:07:13
On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 01:15:41AM -0700, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> I'm using netbsd 2.0.2 and I can't seem to get
> it to boot straight from the harddisk, it gets
> Error Disk read on boot.  I am using grub to
> chainload netbsd's bootloader.  Netbsd is located
> in my first extended partition

This should work...  since it got fixed in December 2003 - which
is before netbsd 2.0 got released.

There is a vague possibility that you have an old version of bootxx_ffsv1
or are somehow failing to copy it to the start of the mbr partition.
(installboot just copies it over skipping the second sector which
is expected to contain the netbsd disklabel and is zeros in bootxx_xxx)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk