Subject: Another pkgsrc updating question (sorry!)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/02/2005 15:45:58
I have tried to follow some of the many discussions of how to update
packages in pkgsrc, but I have yet, afaik, to see my query discussed.

I am in /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/gnome. I am running 'make install' to
move from the 2.8 vintage gnome to 2.10.

My query:

How can I instruct 'make' each time it asks me to 'pkg_delete' a
package it is about to reinstall -- which usually necessitates an '-f'
arg to force the delete -- to automatically do the pkg_delete, with
the '-f' if needed, without asking me?

(I tried running 'make update' but that seems to delete too many
packages -- packages that do not need to be rebuilt for gnome 2.10.)

Again, a thousand pardons from this miserable brain-dead creature!=20

--=20
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely
because I have a pet halibut?