Subject: pf and inet6
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/27/2005 08:43:29
Looks like, as of NetBSD-2.0.2, you must have the option INET6 in the
kernel config in order for the pf module to load into the kernel.

I had asked earlier how to turn off inet6 entirely without recompiling
(meaning I don't want to see inet6 in netstat, etc), and apparently
there isn't a way. So I recompiled, and found that pf wouldn't load.

I didn't see any threads about it after some minor searching, so I
figured I would start one so someone might find it.

I hope this won't be a problem when pf becomes part of the regular system.

Andy