Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: non-pkgsrc emacs or clone
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/26/2005 04:49:14
On Wed, 25 May 2005, Todd Vierling wrote:

> You don't use Solaris on a regular basis, I take it?  Read that as:  "It's
> not just NetBSD."

You didn't read my earlier comment.  Go and do that.

> It's not a workaround, if it's necessary in order to follow standards in
> your application.  As various Unix-like OS's become more standardized, and
> they are, like it or not, things like Linux are staying out in the cold and
> shield unsuspecting software authors from the reality of the heterogeneous
> world.  (There's a reason I've asserted on many occasions that "GNU & Linux
> help to promote sloppy code.")

frankly, making comments like that (and accusing me of it), makes your
opinions not very useful.  Try to be (at least) a little objective.

google shows me, however, many instances where your comments are in line
with this - so I'm not expecting much improvement.

bye.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net