Subject: Re: Default install for NetBSD on laptops with PC-MCIA cards.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ja'far Railton <zen25058@zen.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/25/2005 23:14:03
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 04:55:12PM +0200, Gilles Gravier wrote:
> How come, in the last 6 years that I've been using NetBSD, it is still
> not possible to install NetBSD on a laptop without having to patch the
> kernel in order to use PC-MCIA network cards? This must not be too hard

No network card here but I do have a pcmcia modem card, which works
fine on 2.0.2 without the extra kernel options. However, it *doesn't* work
on either -current (or netbsd-3), even with patching. Does anyone reading
this thread care to hazard a guess as to why that might be?

TIA
- j

--
``Know thy OS.''