Subject: Re: Is netbsd-2 considered "current"
To: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2005 10:37:28
On Wed, 18 May 2005, Hauke Fath wrote:

> Am 17.05.2005 um 22:19 Uhr -0400 schrieb Louis  Guillaume:
> >If netbsd-2 is not considered stable, the issues in kern/25702 are
> >very serious. This would mean that we don't have a stable NetBSD 2.x
> >that can be used for a firewall.
> >
> >Should I be considering going back to 1.6.2?
>
> ipfilter's ftp proxy is still broken even in netbsd-3 (which, IIRC,
> has the same ipfilter version as -current). If you need that
> functionality, you could either switch to netbsd-3 and use the
> /usr/libexec/ftp-proxy (I have not tried it myself), or go back to
> netbsd-1-6.

I a using ftp-proxy over a year new, eehh that is, first in OpenBSD and
from august last year in NetBSD-current. It works well for me and can also
be used with ipf, allthough you'd have to open up a portrange to allow
connections to ftp-proxy in case of active ftp, but since i didnt see
any advisory on ftp-proxy i'not afraid for that.
Bye,

Mipam.