Subject: Re: pdksh completion: How to append a slash at the end of directory
To: Leonard Schmidt <lems@gmx.net>
From: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2005 04:29:35
On May 16, 2005, at 3:30 PM, Leonard Schmidt wrote:

> Another question: In vi-mode, I would like ^W to only delete one word
> backwards. So ``cd /usr/pkgsrc/'' and then typing ^W should result in
> ``cd '' and not ``cd /usr/''.
>
> I'm using the pdksh shipped with NetBSD 2.0.2.

I'm also using 2.0.2 and ksh, but emacs mode.  At first this sounds like
a stty altwerase vs -altwerase.   But, its not, instead at least for
me, it's the opposite.  In emacs mode I get altwerase behavior ( slash
by slash ),  but in vi-mode I get -altwerase behavior ( words defined
by white space only ), it doesn't support viraw,
so it never really uses the tty driver.. but it should mimic the
terminal behavior -- shouldn't it? At least this feels like the correct
behavior to me, I have no source to justify this.  It seems wierd,
since bind in both modes report ^w as delete-word-backward
Also, my behavior is reverse of yours.. or is yours same also in
vi-mode?