Subject: Re: Crosscompiling error in i386 linux host
To: Roberto Pereyra <pereyra.roberto@gmail.com>
From: John Clark <jclark@metricsystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/17/2005 13:02:53
Roberto Pereyra wrote:

>>What commands did you run?
>>

>./build.sh -m i386 -U release
>

>>What was your error?
>>

>nbmake: don't know how to make
>/home/admin/netbsd2/src/obj/destdir.i386/usr/local/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/info/bzip2.info.
>Stop
>
>nbmake: stopped in /home/admin/netbsd2/src/lib/libbz2

I had this problem and I think I put in a PR on it. Basically the
environment variable:

INFOPATH

is erroneously used in the NetBSD linux (or anywhere else perhaps) cross
build environment:

The 'clue' is the fact that one has:

/usr/local/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/info/

In the target path (the 'real clue' is the ":" separator). As I recall I set

export INFOPATH=/usr/share/info

And then the build completed correctly (at least for that particular snapshot
and problem... I had some other problems which cleared up by doing a cvs update
over several days until the world built, then make an archival tar image of
that picture... what ever happened to having a compile farm nightly check out and
compile the world that was mentioned about 3-4 years ago...).

John Clark