Subject: Re: pkgsrc branch vs. current?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/10/2005 15:49:49
It occurred to me that Kirk Strauser wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.general:
> if I install NetBSD 2.0.2, am I expected to track one particular branch (as
> would be the case with OpenBSD), or is it OK to follow CVS head (like in
> FreeBSD)?

You can track HEAD, or you can stick to a branch - whathever suits you best.

Sticking to a branch means that you don't have to deal with constantly
updating packages and dependencies, and that you can benefit from having
binary packages, but it has some drawbacks in case of a security problem.

Kind regards,

Martijn