Subject: Re: OK, so what all do I have to look at to get openssh & skey
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/04/2005 07:42:15
On Wed, 4 May 2005, Jukka Salmi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>> pam confuses me and it doesn't seem to work the way I think. How do I
>> get openssh and skey to work again? I tried using examples from freebsd,
>> but they didn't work. I had skey working before pam.
>>
>> I just rebuild packages and have things change almost randomly. For
>> example, sudo seems to want skey again.
>
> can't help you with your ssh problem, but sudo (assuming you build from
> pkgsrc) can be built without S/Key support: see the options.mk file in
> pkgsrc/security/sudo. However, IIRC, before the skey option was added,
> sudo was always built with S/Key support (if detected), i.e. the default
> did not change.

Thanks Jukka. I think the problem I had was some odd dependency-rebuild
thing since rebuilding sudo fixed it. (I hope you don't mind that I
reposted this.)

However, if anyone has any clue for me about setting up NetBSD-current
with pam, ssh, and skey (none of those from pkgsrc), I'd appreciate it.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com