Subject: Re: i386-current: how do I boot Windows off of my second disk?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/02/2005 18:10:51
On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 07:36:20AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> >WinXP will boot from the netbsd mbr code, but it may not like you
> >changing the disk from being disk0 to disk1.
>
> Is there some way of switching the disk order?

Swap the cables over!

> I know that disconnecting the cable from the first drive allows XP
> to boot from the second.
> Is it in order of how the BIOS finds them?

Basically yes....
It might have some options for the order the disk controllers are
checked in.

You may have to leave the XP disk as disk0 (primary master), and load
netbsd of disk1.
Even in netbsd you will probably need to change /etc/fstab having switched
the root device name.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk