Subject: Re: i386-current: how do I boot Windows off of my second disk?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/01/2005 09:51:00
On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:49:59PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> I think even after reading the man pages I need some more clue. I have
> NetBSD on the first disk, and WinXP on the second disk. I installed the
> bootselectors on both disks. Apparently I have them set up wrong since
> they just give me the message "Fn: Diskn". The only thing I can do to
> get things to boot is to hit "Return" and NetBSD continues to the
> bootselector (booting in 5 seconds, etc). F1 and F2 give me the "Fn:
> Diskn" error.
>
> Anyone have a clue for me?

You need to add a menu entries by editing the partition data with
netbsd's fdisk.  Then you'll get a line "1: Netbsd" (or whatever you
put for the menu text for the partition) below the "Fn: Diskn" text.

You'll then see that F2 is reading the bootselect code of the second disk.
In fact you probaly only want the bootselect code on the first disk.

mbr(8) and fdisk(8) might be enlightening.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk