Subject: Re: AVR toolchain
To: Tim <tyskdisciplin@yahoo.se>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2005 08:57:25
On 27-Apr-05, at 8:16 AM, Tim wrote:

> To my disappointment the AVR toolchain in pkgsrc is a bit old. So I am=20=

> thinking of compiling=A0an updated set of tools=A0myself using the=20
> following instructions:
> =A0
> http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/index.html
> =A0
> Just thought I'd ask before I do anything if these instructions=20
> are=A0suitable for=A0NetBSD.

It should work.  I've done it in the past.  I recommend though, that=20
you don't bother building the docs because the list of dependancies is=20=

fairly large and, in general, the docs aren't really all that useful. =20=

You just have to get accustomed to a few things like puts/puts_P, and=20
SIGNAL vs. INTERRUPT...