Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 i386 and Sun's SDK 1.4.2
To: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
From: sigsegv <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2005 19:00:36
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:41:55 +0200
"Robert Cates" <robert@kormar.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> last year I had NetBSD 1.6.2 i386 installed with Sun's SDK (1.4.1?), and had surprisingly little trouble getting the SDK installed and working.  Now I've got NetBSD 2.0 i386 installed and I'm trying to get Sun's SDK 1.4.2_07 working, but I'm getting:
>
> bash-2.05b# ./java -version
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location
> Could not reserve enough space for object heap
>
> Has anybody else had this problem?  Can you tell me what I need to do/have to get this working?  I remember I had to install the SuSE Linux packages, so I've installed the SuSE 9.1 packages, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

From lang/sun-jdk14/MESSAGE.NetBSD

$NetBSD: MESSAGE.NetBSD,v 1.7 2004/05/22 21:32:34 jmmv Exp $

In order to be able to run the JVM, you will need to compile your kernel
with the following options:

options         COMPAT_LINUX

Then, you need to add the following line to your /etc/fstab:

procfs /emul/linux/proc procfs rw,linux

Furthermore, the maximum data segment size assigned to your user must be
at least 262144.

You may want to read

        ${JAVA_HOME}/README

for details about running this JDK.

I think you need to increase you stack size, execute 'ulimit -a' to see current limits.

man sh | grep -A 60 ulimit