Subject: Support for SATA (NetBSD 2.0)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/04/2005 04:36:35
Looking into the kernel config file I found, that it has built-in two SATA
drivers: artsata and satalink. In the case of artsata I understand, that
it's "Intel 31244 S-ATA (artsata(4))". But does "satalink" support all three
controlers:

o Silicon Image 3112 SATALink (satalink(4))
o Silicon Image 3114 SATALink (satalink(4))
o Silicon Image 3512 SATALink (satalink(4))

...as it does in "current"?

And more important question: that Silicon Image controllers are known as
kind "el cheapo". In fact, I read on several lists bad opinions about
that SATA-controllers, from "crappy" to "completely broken". I'm wondering,
perhaps someone of you is using any controllers from the list above? If so -
how is it doing? Should I really expect problems?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski