Subject: Re: where to find the latest gnome binaries
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/31/2005 19:34:40
> Could someone tell me where to point pkgadd to get the latest gnome pagages
> available in binary format and what version of gnome would that be?

I assume you mean pkg_add rather than pkgadd?

You could start looking here:

	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/README-all.html

or here:

	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/alpha/All/

	If you want an arch other than alpha, make the appropriate substitution.
	If you want a release other than 2.0, make the appropriate substitution.

Typically the version of binary package available will vary with arch and OS release,
and some arches will not have binary packages available at all.  I haven't checked,
but I doubt that gnome is an exception.  If you want the very latest version of gnome,
there might not be a binary package available, if so you'll have to compile it from
source.