Subject: Re: Packages database somewhat broken
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Thomas Bieg <tomsbsd04@tiscali.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/31/2005 23:58:14
Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> Hallo again,
>
> thanks to Zafer I've installed ready-made mplayer series of packages, but
> - unfortunately - while installing my package database got spoiled. When
> I run "pkg_info", several times I can see on the screen something like:
>
> ==================== cut ==================================
> tar: WARNING! These patterns were not matched:
[...]
> pkg_info: extract of /root/mplayer/./p5-perl-headers-2.0nb1.tgz failed
> pkg_info: error during unpacking, no info for 'p5-perl-headers-2.0nb1'
> available

This doesn't look like your pkg db is broken, but rather like you
stumbled over the annoying behaviour of pkg_info to mess around
with the 'tgz's in the current directory.

I think this has been changed recently (after 2.0), see the thread
"pkg_info & search of current directory prevention" in netbsd-users
of February.

As a workaround try to invoke pkg_info from a directory that has no
archives in it...

Regards,
Tom