Subject: Re: -key "introduction"
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/30/2005 13:17:33
On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 12:44:29AM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:

> (Hm.  Zbigniew, did you try on the main console, or on a virtual console?)

If I properly understand, the "main" console is the one, which gets
available immediately after system is started? So, I tried on the main one -
logged in there as "ordinary" user, and then onto the next console as root,
making the changes - and checking the results on the first one.

> Second, X is relavent, even if you are not using X normally.  Perhaps
> you were unaware that X uses the OS interface to the keyboard (wscons),
> as far as I know.  This means that if X can get the keys separtely treated,

Yes. In the XTerm window keys seem to be distinguished properly.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski