Subject: Re: -key "introduction"
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/30/2005 02:43:45
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 07:19:11PM -0500, Dan LaBell wrote:

> I was confused by what you meant earlier on in this thread, but I think
> I get it, but its more like we have 3 delete-like keys.
> 1.  RUBOUT/BACKSPACE/"delete"

That one I'm calling (in the "IBM-way" ;) "Backspace".

> 2.  grey pad del
> 3   number pad del

> In cat, or ed,
>   ctrl-h  produces ^h
>   the  rubout/backspace  erases
>   grey pad del erases
>   and number pad del ^[[3~
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, found it - and that was the clue.

> Anyway my point is the grey delete key is much more modern, why is it
> sending ^?

As I found: it's defined as "Delete". Perhaps it means: "Delete in the older
(proper?) way" (not that "IBM").

> My grey insert and my keypad insert are sending the same thing, that ok,
> but why isn't my grey del key sending same as keypad del key? and how can
> I make so it does?

Yes, finally got to the same conclusion, and simply redefined "Delete" to
"KP_Delete" - see my "final" (I think? ;) message, which is probably ending
the thread.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski