Subject: Re: -key "introduction"
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2005 21:09:33
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Well, if there are no misunderstandings, then, it seems that this is
> fixed in -current.  I'm not sure why it is not fixed in 2.0.  Since
> Christopher W. Richardson confirmed that X is able to tell the keys
> apart int 2.0.2, you might try upgrading to 2.0.2.  If that fixes the

It doesn't have anything to do with the NetBSD version, it seems. Both
with 2.0_RC4 as with 2.0_STABLE one key maps to ^H and the other to ^?.
But, and this I find the strange part, this is only with my USB keyboard.
When I connect a PS2 keyboard, both backspace and delete give ^?. My guess
is the difference in behaviour is because the PS2 one is attached as
console keyoard. My laptop also doesn't make the difference between
backspace and delete. It doesn't really matter for me, because I'm used to
^D, but I'll try compiling a kernel tomorrow where my ukbd attaches as
console keyboard.

kind regards,
dieter

--
 	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
 	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley