Subject: Re: -key "introduction"
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2005 21:08:05
What's wrong with using KS_BackSpace and KS_Delete (both already
are in my /usr/include/dev/wscons/wsksymdef.h)?

I agree that for those who want to distinguish BS and DEL keys,
this should be possible.  If you can't do it without adding a
keysymbol, then I'd be in favor of adding a keysymbol.  But it
looks to me like the support is already there.

(Note that in X, applications easily distinguish BS and DEL
for me.  And on the rare occasion that I use the text console,
I'm mostly in ksh, which (happily, for me) treats BS and DEL
the same anyway.  I'm also running a 3.99.1 kernel and a
2.99.11 (or so) userland, so what I see may not look exactly
like a 2.0 release on particular points such as this.)