Subject: suggestions for network traffic counting?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Carl Brewer <carl@bl.echidna.id.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/23/2005 09:48:34
Hello,

I've got a NBSD IPF firewall on a network
that I'm running ipa on to get overall traffic stats,
which works well and is simple to set up etc.

I want to be able to see what nodes are generating the
most traffic through the firewall, without listing the
individual IP addresses in a config file (they're DHCP,
there's a lot of them etc).

Has anyone any suggestions for a good text-only tool to do this?
something that could reasonably easily produce a table
daily with a list of IP addresses and traffic to & from
them?  I had a quick flick through pkgsrc/net and
etherape looks nice, but it's GUI, and this box has no
X on it.

Thanks!

Carl