Subject: Source Sets Confusion
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Duncan <agley@optusnet.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/19/2005 01:55:00
Hi,
   I installed NetBSD 2.0 on i386 using the CD iso, all went well and
   now I wish to extract the sources from the source iso. Looking at the
   installation document it lists the following source sets,

    gnusrc.tgz src.tgz xsrc.tgz syssrc.tgz sharesrc.tgz

   On the source iso. I have all these in /source/sets, but also I have
   in /source/shared/ALL

    man.tgz misc.tgz

    These are listed under the binary installation sets in the
    installation document.

    Do I need to extract these last two sets into the source directory I
    will be using on my system to properly rebuild NetBSD 2.0 ?

           Thanks for any help and congratulations on this release,

                                    John Duncan