Subject: Re: Why is my RAM Frying?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: David Shaw <dave.shaw@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/14/2005 20:46:08
Well, the RAM is the same (PC2100 Kingston, two 256MB sticks) that was
in the machine for a long time (~3 years) when that computer was my
gaming machine. It worked flawlessly (as far as I know).
Now, that machine is my server. The only change in the computer is a
different hard drive, and a lack of a DVD drive (I took it out). I'm
trying to figure out why the RAM died now, instead of earlier. It
could just be a similarity, but I'm trying as hard as I can to find
any connection between the two servers and their RAM issues.

- David Shaw

--
System.out.println(String sig);
   [ David Shaw ]