Subject: Re: Does firefox-1.0.1 will be added to pkgsrc-2004Q4 branch?
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/07/2005 16:37:37
[ On Sunday, March 6, 2005 at 11:04:07 (-0500), Steven M. Bellovin wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Does firefox-1.0.1 will be added to pkgsrc-2004Q4 branch?
>
> In message <20050305150348.GA361@nunotex.local>, Nuno Teixeira writes:
> >
> > Does firefox 1.0.1 will be added to pkgsrc-2004Q4 since it is a bugfix
> > and security fix?
>

> This is important.  Given the number of security holes fixed, I think
> we'll start seeing exploits very soon.

And given the intent of the quarterly branches of pkgsrc to provide a
stable but secure applications baseline I think it would be highly
desirable to at least try to get the most important security updates
pulled up on at least two of the most recent quarterly branches, just as
there are two "maintained" releases of the base OS.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>