Subject: Re: uvisor and Treo 650
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2005 12:53:01
Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi> writes:

> Treo 650 seems to work with uvisor (NetBSD 2.0) and jpilot and friends.
> However, I couldn't figure out how to access the SD card on Treo from
> NetBSD.  Every file I upload is stored in the phone memory (which is
> too small to hold large mp3's or other files).  Is there a Way?

The best way is still to take the SD card out and put it in a separate
USB card reader (this is a pilot-link issue more than a NetBSD issue,
really; it's a genuine FAQ over on the pilot-link list).

The released version of pilot-link tools don't support the VFS
interface used to access the card, but there's a new beta release
candidate (0.12) on http://pilot-link.org/ that does support it (about
a month old, so active development is still happening). I haven't
tried it on NetBSD yet, but hope to do so in the next couple of days.

There's also a non-free product called "Card Export" from Softick that
you run separately from Hotsync and that makes the PDA act as a umass
device. The beta didn't work on my Tungsten T, but I haven't tried it
since they released a non-beta version. http://www.softick.com/

        - Nathan