Subject: Re: decent mp3 players supported by open source tools?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2005 10:28:39
--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
> Are there any decent mp3 players (support for ogg and flac is=20
> desirable) that work well with NetBSD?  I haven't heard much good about=
=20
> the iPod tools.

My iPod Shuffle shows up as a regular umass and I can mount /dev/sd0e
without problems.  I haven't copied files back and forth from NetBSD so
far, so I don't know if the iPod itself needs some magic to recognize
the audio files you copy there, though.

And, granted, it's not the same as doing the iTunes autofill, though one
should be able to whip up a shell-script that does something similar,
no?

-Jan=20

--=20
'I have reached an age where my main purpose is not to receive
messages.' --- Umberto Eco, quoted in the New Yorker

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2--