Subject: OT: recommendation for vm tuning for anoncvs mirror?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/26/2005 12:59:44
I'm setting up a machine for a mirror of anoncvs, and it has 4G of RAM.
I'm trying to take maximum advantage of it to keep the CVS repository in
RAM (in case it's not clear, this is the NetBSD CVS repository, which is
over 3G is size) to maximize performance.

Despite various tweaks I've made to things, I'm having a hard time
getting the file cache (which is the one I assume I should care about)
much over 1.5G - consequently things get pretty slow at times.  Can
anyone who might already be running an anoncvs mirror suggest some
settings to start with?  I've also bumped kern.maxvnodes to 500000.

Thanks,
+j