Subject: Re: resume?
To: Dmitry Ivanov <dimss@solutions.lv>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2005 11:23:46
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Dmitry Ivanov wrote:

> I have discovered recently that most recruiters in UK _require_ CV in MS
> Word format. LaTeX and PDF doesn't work with them anymore... They
> refuse to read PDF or follow URL that points to CV. They read only *.do
> attached to email. I'm looking for new job right now and I have to
> install OpenOffice to refrmat CV. OpenOffice produces nice PDF output
> as well as *.doc.

Have a look at latex2rtf. (It is at pkgsrc/converters/latex2rtf and a
newer version is at pkgsrc-wip.) Also look at pkgsrc/converters/tex2rtf.

You can save the RTF file with a .doc extension.

I sometimes use LyX to update my resume.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/