Subject: Re: CF-IDE adapter
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2005 06:46:39
In message <20050224100158.GB2098@cs.uni-bonn.de>, Ignatios Souvatzis writes:

>--Qrgsu6vtpU/OV/zm
>
>On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 03:26:40PM +0600, Ian Zagorskih wrote:
>> On Thursday 24 February 2005 09:52, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>> > A friend just pointed me at
>> > http://www.shopaddonics.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=3DADIDECF I wonder if it wo=
>uld be
>> > possible to hot-swap the CF card on NetBSD.
>>=20
>> Mmm.. through ATA interface? I guess this is a tricky thing.
>
>Well, I guess, if I unmount etc. and the electric interface in the adapter
>allows for it, it should be possible...
>
>Do we have atactl rescan ?=20

My concern is the scan for the disk geometry and size -- doesn't that
happen at boot time now for IDE devices?  (It can be done later --
PCMCIA IDE disks work properly -- but I don't know if there's any way
to force it for a regular disk that might change.)

		--Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb