Subject: Re: Sort of off-topic, but....
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Courtney R. Spencer <cspencer@mindspring.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/2005 10:29:29
On Tue Feb 15, 2005 at 12:11:59AM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Chris Clymer wrote:
>
> > Services For UNIX/CYGWIN works with XP Home just fine.
>
> SFU != Cygwin, but that said:
>
> > Anyone who has said otherwise is misinformed, as I have it on the windows
> > partition of my laptop whichs is, you guessed it, XP Home.
>
> This is good news.  The webpage for SFU explicitly says it won't install on
> XP Home, which caught me off guard (since XP Home is simply XP Pro with a
> few more wizards and a bunch of advanced settings hidden from view).

When I tried to install SFU on an XP Home installation, SFU did *refuse* to
install.  I upgraded to XP Pro and was running SFU the same day.

This was with SFU version 3.5, so if someone knows how to get around that,
I'd be glad to hear it.  Otherwise, take the information from MS as current
and truthful.

--
Courtney R. Spencer