Subject: Re: Sort of off-topic, but....
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/12/2005 16:28:28
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Hm.  It looks like they have an X server available in some form of
> association.  I wonder if I can install Interix and CygWIN
> simultaneously?  Or will they tend to step on one another's toes?

You can install Interix and Cygwin simultaneously.  There are some
interesting caveats -- in particular, don't expect to be able to run an
interactive program from one in the other's environment.  (Their
stdin/stdout/stderr implementations are different enough to make them rather
messy when trying to have them interact.)  They will also have a different
notion of "/", of course.

In fact, audio support for Interix in pkgsrc is accomplished through use of
the Cygwin "esd" daemon, using the esound client library on the Interix
side.  :)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>