Subject: rack-optimised i386 machines
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Petar Bogdanovic <20050202.netbsd-users@smokva.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2005 20:40:19
Hi,

I can imagine, that this question was asked a few times already. Even
so, my google investigation was not very lucky.

Could somebody recommend rack-optimised i386-machines (for serving
purposes), with hardware, which is largely supported by NetBSD 2.0? If
you know a specific model, great. If you know a brand, even better. The
problem is always, that you see a lot of nice (and cheap) hardware, but
at the same time, you never know, how dmesg is going to look like. When
you want to buy a notebook, the whole thing gets easier - go into the
shop and ask the guy to let you start the machine with a live-cd.. but I
don't really know, how this should work, when you want to test any other
(more expensive) hardware.

I would appreciate any hint,

Petar Bogdanovic