Subject: Apache 2 and PhP 5
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Delcamp <eric.delcamp@free.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2005 16:56:58
Hi,
I'm upgrading my developpment system to NetBSD 2.0 and also making some
improvements on installed packages.
I have Apache 2 working, compiled PhP 5 and needed subsets (php-sockets,
php-mysql). I'm now trying to install ap-php.
If you look at MESSAGE, you will see this (/usr/pkgsrc/www/ap-php/) :
For Apache 2.x installation, you need following:
  LoadModule php4_module lib/httpd/mod_php${PKG_PHP_VERSION}.so
  AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
First error, maybe a typo, it's not "php4_module" but "php5_module" (or
"php${PKG_PHP_VERSION}_module" if you want to do it right).
When I add theses lines in my httpd.conf, PhP code of an index.php is
not parsed (IE, you can still read the source PhP in the web page,
obviously Apache is not calling PhP to parse the source). Hmm. If I test
PhP in CLI ("php index.php"), everything is ok.
I have noticed there is no AddType command in httpd.conf if you are
using Apache 2 (but MESSAGE show it for Apache 1). I'm stuck here, I
have tried with either AddHandler or AddType...
Any help ?

Thanks.