Subject: Re: pkg_info & search of current directory prevention
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2005 07:49:36
On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 09:39:09PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <S1339684AbVBJC2j/20050210022843Z+10726@mail2.centrum.cz>, "Dunric"
> writes:
> >Is there some option/way how to disable (annoying) implicit search for package
> >s in current directory when invoking pkg_info ?
> >
> >Thx
> >
> I'd *love* something like that!
>
> cc directed to tech-pkg, to which the question probably should have
> been posted

You mean something like this:

----------------------------
revision 1.42
date: 2004/08/13 13:34:42;  author: agc;  state: Exp;  lines: +9 -4
Modify pkg_info so that it will only print information on uninstalled
binary packages in the current working directory if -. is given on the
command line. If no -. is given, pkg_info will look for its information
in the ${PKG_DBDIR}.

This addresses a long-held gripe on the part of a number of people,
including myself, which completely violated the POLS.

Bump version for this and previous pkg_admin modification.

It was something we inherited from FreeBSD - I think they used it for
installation purposes.

This wasn't pulled up to 2.0, but the recent PKGTOOLS_REQD bump will
force it to be included anyway.

Regards,
Alistair