Subject: Re: Failing ./build.sh tools
To: Kosta Kilim <kopno@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: David Rio Deiros <driodeiros@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/08/2005 12:31:29
> Hi,
>
> installed NetBSD 2.0 on Sunday and I'm trying to familiarise myself
> with it. So far I really like it. Ksh and postfix installed by
> default. Very nice.

I am starting with netBSD too. And I had some little issues trying to recompile
the world too.
This is what I did to change my system from -release to -release+(plus
the patches). I've changed the cvs command so you will sync against -current.

# cd /usr/
# mkdir /usr/src
# chown drio /usr/src
# mkdir /usr/obj
# chown drio /usr/obj

$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ export CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot
$ cd /usr
$ cvs checkout -A -P src

$ cd /usr/src
$ ./build.sh tools
$ ./build.sh -U kernel=GENERIC
$ ./build.sh -u -U build
$ ./build.sh -u -U release

After doing all this you should have your kernel and the userland
ready to be installed:

# cp /netbsd /netbsd.old
# cp /usr/src/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC/netbsd /netbsd
# reboot
# cd /usr/src
# ./build.sh tools
# ./build.sh -U -D /usr/src/obj/destdir.i386 install=/
# reboot

And everything should be fine.

Hope these helps.

-David.