Subject: Receiving TV on netbsd ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Florence HENRY <florence.henry@obspm.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/07/2005 11:43:16
Hello,

We plan to replace our broken VHS recorder by a netbsd machine that
would be able to receive TV and record programs on hard disk or DVD.

That would be a small i386 machine with a DVD burner, a huge hard disk,
and 2 video cards : one for receiving TV, and one for casting the video
flux on a TV or a video projector.

What are your experiences in receiving TV under NetBSD ? What TV cards,
with high quality tuner are supported ?

And what are your expriences in casting video flux with a S-video
output? I once had a laptop provided with a S-video output, but I never
managed to cast the output on the TV through a S-video/RCA cable.

Thanks for sharing your exeperiences.

--
Florence Henry
florence.henry@obspm.fr