Subject: Re: Up-stream bandwidth shaping without resorting to linux/iptables?
To: Sebastian Prause <sebastian-p@gmx.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/06/2005 00:00:56
[ On Sunday, February 6, 2005 at 02:35:41 (+0100), Sebastian Prause wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Up-stream bandwidth shaping without resorting to linux/iptables?
>
> |         filter hme0 fast_class  0 0     0 53    17                              # dns UDP queries
> |         filter hme0 fast_class  0 0     0 53    6                               # dns TCP queries
>
> I think that should be:
>
> filter hme0 fast_class  0 53   0 0  17
> filter hme0 fast_class  0 53   0 0  9
>
> as its <dst_addr> <dport> <src_addr> <sport> <proto>

Actually I think both would probably be best in my case, and both is
what I originally intended to use.  :-)

I'm trying to provide fast DNS service for domains I serve (my
authoritative DNS server always uses a source address of 53 and I don't
care what port the answer goes to) as well as for my own recursive
queries)

Thanks for the reminder!

--
						Greg A. Woods