Subject: Re: anoncvs troubles
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/30/2005 13:26:01
On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 11:10:48AM +0100, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I can't seem to checkout netbsd-2-0 src from anoncvs.netbsd.org, it
> starts ok but always hangs after a while (typically after 5-20 min),
> either with compression and without.  Anybody else seeing this?
> Connection is still established to the cvs server, it pings ok, but it
> simply hangs.

cvs co of a branch will take some time on the server (I think it first does
scan all files on the server to build a list of files that are active on
the branch). While doing this the client process is just silent, and
the network connection is idle. Maybe you didn't wait long enouth ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>