Subject: etherboot rom-o-matic
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2005 18:00:03
--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

Hi,

I'm trying to create a pxe netboot floppy.  It seems that the
rom-o-matic 5.3.7 image appears to almost work -- it gets a dhcp address
and fetches the pxe image from the server, which appears to start to
load the kernel, but then it stops.

I assume that this is due to the fact that rom-o-matic.net offers the
configuration option to boot FreeBSD, but not NetBSD.

Has anybody looked at getting etherboot to support NetBSD?

Or, what are the alternatives?  Surely there's a way to boot a floppy to
pxe boot a NetBSD system!

Thanks in advance for all help,
-Jan

--=20
"`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of  that,'  and  promptly
vanished in a puff of logic.

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL--