Subject: Re: GigaRAID (iteide)?
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Alex Dumitriu <alex.dumitriu@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2005 14:50:51

> Sounds like it - maybe run at least a -current kernel?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to pull in the iteide stuff only into a 2.0_STABLE system?

I see all the messages on the lists about new source additions and
info on generating diffs, but I'm not quite sure how (or if) that
translates to pulling the relevant files into my source tree. Is there
a HOWTO somewhere on doing this? Or do I have the whole thing wrong,
and the newly ported driver depends on a newer kernel API than I have
anyway, so it's pretty much current or nothing?

I'm not so much afraid of running -current as I am afraid of
"cross-grading" later from whatever -current I'm on to (say) 3.0.....
That's been a huge pain for me in the past..... but if it needs to be
that way, so be it.

Thanks again!
-alex