Subject: Mozilla 1.7.3 from pkgsrc 2004Q3 under NetBSD 2.0- no ldap?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Presnell <srp@tworoads.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2005 08:06:05
Hi Folks,
	I'm trying to work with pkgsrc 2004Q3 in approximage sync
with the NetBSD 2.0.  I've been able to make and install Mozilla
1.7.3 from that pkgsrc release.  I'm working on an i386 machine.
Mostly it's good, except ldap doesn't seem to be enabled.

What I see:

libldap*.so mozldap.so and ldap like libraries are built and installed.

What I don't see:

Queries to address book directories don't result in packets on the net
(sniffed with tcpdump).  I can see the ldap directory name resolution
request and response on the wire (DNS), but then nothing further on
port 389 or any other port.  No reported errors, just no results.
(I can confirm the operation of the ldap servers via other tools)

URLs like ldap://my.ldap.server/  result in "ldap not a registered
protocol" (or something very close to that), where the same URL in the
windows version of 1.7.3 result in a ldap directory query form.

(even nonsensical URLS for registered protocols like
imap://name@host.com don't give that response).

I've tried forcing --enable-ldap, and for good measure
--enable-ldap-experimental in the Makefile but to no effect.

Has anyone else come across this? Any resolution?
(Counter examples welcome)

	Thanks for your help.

	- Scott