Subject: Re: Marvell 88E8050 Ethernet
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2005 14:53:19
In article <41FA47D9.70805@eq.cz>,
	rudolf <netbsd@eq.cz> writes:

> I have a board with "Marvell 88E8050 Gigabit Ethernet controller". Are
> there any plans to support this hardware?
>
> People at FreeBSD are probably already working on this
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-questions@freebsd.org/msg88700.html
> thread).Is there a chance that someone will port it to NetBSD?

I don't understand why simply identifying the device doesn't work
under FreeBSD. The linux driver "yk 7.09" doesn't have any special
case for vendor id 0x4361.  Respond to me privately if you'd like
to test a patch to current. If you're not running NetBSD, I could
make you an INSTALL floppy with which you could attempt to set-up
the network and transfer a file or two, but that will take longer.

Frederick