Subject: GigaRAID (iteide)?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Dumitriu <alex.dumitriu@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/27/2005 18:17:28
  Greetings folks!

I am going a little crazy trying to get the built-in GigaRAID on my
Gigagbyte motherboard to configure properly under NetBSD.

from dmesg:

Integrated Technology Express, Inc. product 0x8212 (RAID mass storage, revision
0x10) at pci3 dev 12 function 0 not configured

I tried first with sources pulled from netbsd-2-0, then, after
grepping the lists, I switched to netbsd-2, but to no avail. According
to the Supported Hardware list, this controller should be supported by
iteide, but said driver does not appear to exist anywhere on my system
(sources or otherwise).

I'm guessing that I'm either not using recent enough sources, or that
I need to specifically pull in iteide (based on the fact that iteide
seems to be a 12/04 addition to NetBSD).

Thanks in advance!

-alex.